In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Awesome Tangents in life: spouse material-dawah



I am on the train right now heading back home (school) and its oh so depressing to Depart from my family. I cant even imagine how difficult it would to be without them in this life and in the hereafter. IT SUCKS BIG TIME! At least if they were Muslim my sorrow would only be temporary if they left before me. All I want is for them to believe. Even if they were to conceal it, I would be the happiest girl on earth because at least I would reunite with them in Jannah iA :-/ .

I've had many dreams that "reaffirm" my heart that hope is not distant. The heaviness of the darkness of the night always reminds me of our fragility (death) and its dwells on me for days at a time. If only they knew the sorrow I conceal in my heart :(

Yesterday, my brother approached me in a very non-nonchalant manner and told me that his friend wants to meet me. I thought it was another of his attacks. I responded, “I'm Muslim Omar,” he replied, “I know, he is muslim too.” I felt rather annoyed but somehow relieved it was not another of his attacks. Apparently he made friends with some Muslim guy who owns a store and my "considerate" brother advertised his available muslim sister.

So according to him, his friend wants to meet me. First of all my brother should not be advertising me to some stranger, I'M HIS SISTER AND HE SHOULD BE WATCHING OUT FOR ME! Two, Only a weirdo with no haya would say something like “I want to meet her.” Most likely he is some FOB perv and probably Muslim by "culture default" just like the many weirdos who send me repulsive messages on my facebook with no mutual friends!

I tried to be serious just in case he was and I said,” well Omar, those dudes probably sell pork, alcohol, don’t pray and are not educated. So not interested thanks (with a sarcastic tone). ” My brother, “Yeah he prays and he has a nice car (wow what an awesome quality-sarcasm intended again)...” My mom laughed, “my daughter is not for sale and she can choose for herself.” My brother, “well most likely he is already married, they probably arranged his marriage before his birth. ”

Me, “thats cultural not Islamic.” My brother, “I know its not Islam its cultural I am not that stupid.” WOW that really caught me off guard. Although I was trying to keep a serious composure I was doing Takbir within. I thought it was so amazing because it means he no longer sees Islam as foreign but a universal message completely isolated from culture.

I suppose hope may seem far fetched but it gives me a serene heart. If he were to become Muslim it would be revolutionary such as the story of Umar Al-Khattab (RA). My brother is a very strong character individual and I am sure many would follow after him, not to mention that his name is Omar. TAKBIR!! One negative is that he seems to be a follower not much of a leader. He tends to act out especially towards me in the presence of others. I swear sometimes I feel he wants to know more about Islam or approach the subject with me but his fear for how people will receive him is a big deal to him I’ve noticed. Sometimes he calls me randomly to tell me he loves me and tries to say Assalamu Alaykum and for God to bless me and help me achieve whatever I strive for. I literally cry after.

I mean sA he must be inquiring or thinking more about this. This really provoked some serious thinking in me especially in what to look in a spouse. I would like someone whom is strong in Deen yet gentle, someone like our beloved prophet (pbuh), brave and humble. There are some people you can totally see their noor manifest in their character and the way they interact with others. I really want someone who will not only be a good father and husband but a good son and brother in law. The reason this incident made me think deeply in a tangential like manner is my strong desire for my family to become Muslims. I am somehow placing my hopes in my spouse for some reason. This life is temporary and I rather keep things in perspective and not get stunted with traits that have no magnitude in the purpose of life which is to please Allah (swt).