In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Tuesday, June 8, 2010

EXTRA-CREDIT!



After my bio-organic chem Final I went to the Masjid for Maghrib. There was only one sister there("surprise"). I made wudu and quickly joined in. As I prayed, I felt this heavy feeling fall upon me and and felt as if everything was "caving" in. The recitation sounded like a far away echo and I felt almost as if I was floating. I must have been really mentally exhausted from my long final. But before I figured what was going on, I thought I was dying. WHY? I have no idea. I always do -_-

I was like "oh my gosh I'm probably dying..." and for some reason I was like "Yes dying during SALAH... awesome!" I guess its nice to think of it that way but dang what if that really was my end... I am so not ready to face my trials yet or ready to depart this life with an empty deed tank. So I decided to stay in the masjid until Isha. My initial plans were to go to bed early (11pm) so that I can wake for midnight prayer. Apparently that plan failed.

When I got home, I heard a cute little cat {note* I LOVE CATS!} So I went berserks and got the cat food and water to feed it. I spent probably a good 35 minutes trying to lure it to feed it. Soon after, a fellow classmate called to talk about the final and we talked for about ~30 minutes. By the time I got to bed it was 12:30 am and I just laid there trying to sleep. I kept thinking about; school, family, future, and marriage. And here I am writing for an anonymous audience at 2:41am.. might as well pray now because I need that extra credit for Jannah.

p.s. my final had 30 extra credit and I hella went psycho ... yet we don't go psycho for our unlimited extra credit opportunities to please Allah (swt) and earn Jannah. we are so ungrateful.