In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Friday, June 25, 2010

Keep them coming... (Trials)



Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials." -Bukhari

Today I realized that I had more trials than I imagined and it makes me happy deep down inside (the rewards iA ). I feel as things become harder and more complicated the same applies to how I have to think of ways to surmount them. All my life I have had to try to be resilient and be the best I can be in the midst of chaos unwillingly and willingly. Whenever I am down or feeling stressed I always remember the favor and blessing Allah (swt) bestowed me with, Islam and how he tests the ones whom he loves most. iA.

These past weeks have been very stressful on me in every aspect POSSIBLE!: emotionally, financially, academically, socially, islamically…etc! and today was no exception but Alhamdulilah I feel very humbled by all this because I know that success is only through pleasing and obeying Allah (swt). We must always remind ourselves that our end is near and all the riches and social ranking won’t matter then. I don’t care to collect luxuries, money, or chase this stupid world. This world and life sucks!

On a brighter note, I was too stressing about whether I was going to be able to attend this awesome class called Echoes of the Cave-Tafseer on Surah Al-Khaf (Al-Maghrib course)and did not know whether it would be wise to do so in the midst of such chaos. ALHAMDULILAH! ALLAHU AKBAR! Everything resolved itself (transportation and hospitality) just hours ago literally. {If Allah (swt) wants to favor someone, he grants him comprehension (understanding) of this religion- Bukhari, Tirmidhi and Ahmad}

Allah (swt) is indeed great. How can I possibly be distraught by the ways of this world when I have the creator of the heavens on my side[7:196]. HOW CAN I?! Im such a whiner sA sometimes I amaze myself how much I whine. Today I felt like being bitter just because I felt like it. Lol it’s so ridiculous how I think of such things right away. I need to train those nafs to immediately seek Allah’s (swt) counsel and not just succumb to melancholy.

Yesterday, I was listening to a lecture from Waleed Basyouni called “Parents; The Middle Gate of Jannah.” Oh my Allah (swt), it put things in perspective for me especially with things that I was currently contemplating .The best thing to do to one’s parents is be dutiful (support them) and call them to Islam [17:23-24] and I don’t ever plan to compromise that command from Allah (swt). The only form of dawah I can rely now is just my good character towards them and being hopeful in the favor of Allah (swt). I cannot understand how so many neglect their parents especially their mothers that bore them for nine difficult months and raised them. I guess this is my trial and I just have to be patient :-/

now to leave this awesome Nasheed... I love it!