In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Friday, July 16, 2010

The Sound of Elegance

[2:238] “Be guardians of your prayers, and of the midmost prayer, and stand up with devotion to Allah

[4:103] "And when you have completed the prayer, remember Allah standing, sitting, or [lying] on your sides. But when you become secure, re-establish [regular] prayer. Indeed, prayer has been decreed upon the believers a decree of specified times"

[74:42-43] "What has caused you to enter Hell? They will say, We were not of those who prayed.”

I had the strangest thing happen to me today. While preparing dinner, I imagined or thought I heard a takbir in my head. So why is was it strange? Well because when I do dhikr in my head it would not be strange if I thought I heard it in my head because I was THINKING IT! but I was not and it was completely random in this case.So according to my friend I might be schizophrenic. hmmm no I am not lol. I think its the same thing as when one imagines their name being called or their phone ring. The only difference is that this time it was meaningful for me :) So I just repeated Allahu Akbar (God is great) and then visualized a mass of people making sujud (prostration) together all at once (like in Makkah) and hearing the sound as everyone prostrates! sA what a feeling. So MAJESTIC!. I don’t believe there is anything more magnificent and elegant in this world as is our prayer.

Here is a very emotional recitation makes one want to cry. If I think this is beautiful how much more BEAUTIFUL it would be to hear our beloved's voice (May peace and blessings be upon him) .

This is how I imagined it in my head. I just love it :)