In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Fail Musings

This pictures depicts exactly how my life is at the moment: a slump!
{This is my cat Alina that run away :( }

Prior to Ramadan, I had an already bad schedule going on: circadian rhythm and life style. I have been trying to fix it since then but I am not sure what it is. At times I feel so exhausted (brain not functioning) I just want to sleep yet when I lay down to bed, I can't fall sleep because I am constantly thinking and feeling anxious.

Anyways I was a bit worried how I would survive this Ramadan if I kept this up but Alhamdulilah (Thanks and praise be to God) I have been doing "well." I am not feeling any more exhausted than usual. Been waking up for suhoor and fajr and been fasting with ease and been attending the taraweeh prayers (night prayer). So I'm sort of proud of that. The only thing to this is that in order to wake up for suhoor or have suhoor I stay up the whole night sometimes! and then after need to head to work then to prayer, then study a bit, then go to prayer then sleep then or stay up. Its really a weird schedule.

Today i had an interesting morning no doubt, I went to bed "early" in order that I can stay up after Fajr and eat suhoor. I ended up sleeping about 3-4 hours and woke up at 3 am and stood in bed until my alarm blasted off at 4:30 am. I decided in between sunrise and 10 am I would cook and clean. I baked some cupcakes, a cake, and some beans. I'm planning to have a friend over iftar today but hope she will not flake on me... and I hope she is reading this feeling crummy about her flakes these past weeks. Anyways... will be making some mexican sopes with some dessert: STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES!