In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Allah is Al-Qahhar: The subduer





I recently acquired a new life lesson that is proving to salvage tranquility within me. Whatever I don't have the capability to change I don't even bother loosing sleep over it. I only worry of what I can change about myself or what I can do; The rest I leave to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.  I used to worry frantically about my future and was continually adding or subtracting from my "plan.' I know it may sound obvious that everyone knows that plans never necessary go as planned. Ever wonder why?! Well... BECAUSE we don't have power over our lives. Yes, we can make certain choices but ultimately the power lies with Allah! Its easy to believe that we can plan but we can't. We can have goals which is completely different from planning. 


I set goals for myself everyday; don't have to be extravagant just small personal/religious/academic ones. Once in a while I believe its healthy to just vent out and if possible just rant... which I will do insha'Allah... on my next post ;) anyways back on topic...


The sixth pillar of Iman (faith) is the belief in Qadar (Divine Pre-ordainment). 'Verily Allah Decreed all matters before existence, and Allah knows exactly when and where everything will occur, and everything occurs according to his decree.'


Its amazing!!!! I am still amazed as how Islam amazes me everyday. From Science to just everything that encompasses one's LIFE !. Everything has a reason, even the most minute of all things you might not comprehend the reason for it has an amazing reason which later modern day research proves but of course we believe before they prove it. Its just puts a smile on my face nonetheless! How amazing!!!!  


As a Muslim, we constantly affirm that we believe in the Qadar of Allah but our lives lack that attestation. We stress over matters we don't control of and that usually is what drives one insane LITERALLY! Its has brought much contentment and firmness in my Iman. I feel as if alot of weight has  been lifted off me. I still have alot to work on myself and I ask Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala to have mercy on me, guide me and protect my heart from becoming sealed Ameen!


[Surah At-Taghabun 64:11] "No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah . And whoever believes in Allah - He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things.


The Prophet (sallahu allayhi wa salam) said "A believer is not beset by any hardship or fatigue or illness or grief or even a worry except that Allah will expiate thereby his sins"


[Surah Al-Hadid 57:22-23]  "No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into being - indeed that, for Allah , is easy -In order that you not despair over what has eluded you and not exult [in pride] over what He has given you. And Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful."