In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Patience, the ultimate fortitude!




Ironically we are our own best friend and ally yet our own worst enemy!

[17:14[It will be said], "Read your record. Sufficient is yourself against you this Day as accountant."

[24:24] “On a Day when their tongues, their hands and their feet will bear witness against them as to what they used to do.

[36:65] That Day, We will seal over their mouths, and their hands will speak to Us, and their feet will testify about what they used to earn.

Life and time is going by so fast and I barely am able to surpass with the minimum. Of course this is damaging to my ego but nonetheless it serves to humble me a bit. Everything is serving to damage any ego residue left behind. Which is a good thing but its painful. It serves to teach us to look at the world in a different perspective and not be so “SURE” of anything. Certainly not to be sure about people and to be extra wary of everyone even the pious because at the end they are humans. Just as we are not concerned about anyone else no one is either and it serves to make life a bit easier if we let it simmer in our minds and hearts. The less you expect from others and just focus on doing things for the sake of Allah instead of merely trying to make others recognize your efforts of being nice or expecting them to be nice to you, will make life easier. 

I am in a place in my life right now where I have no idea what to do. I don't even know what Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala wants me to do. All I can do is be "logical" and take everything into account to make a "smart deduction" of my circumstance. The other thing I can do which, is proving to be more difficult is having patience. I feel like a fool for believeing that others have my best interest. I was completely abandoned as if I was heartless and was not able to feel! I don’t even know what to do at this point other than  just go with the flow of such a tragedy and just hope for the best. Morale of the story have tawakkul (trust), taqwa (fear) in Allah and be patient because Allah will be with you! Because you can not even trust your own self!


[2:45] "And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah ]


[2:153] "O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient."