In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Monday, May 30, 2011

The Science of Hatehood!


I don't have a lot of pet peeves or things that annoy me... Wait there is! but I don't allow them to annoy me. I sometimes feel its  shaytan making me want to despise an individual for no real reason. Sometimes I get the inclination to blog and rant about personal issues in my life. I mean I can but I am afraid that it will defeat the purpose as #1.I am Muslim #2 Working towards improving all aspects of my life and #3 Not the purpose of this blog. I am not trying to cause fitnah here or expose others or myself. I find it condescending to rant about how others are so bad and I am "not."

I think its almost innate for humans to be haters. I find myself just "hating" on anything just because ( I can) and again I think its shaytan. How is it that we can discern every flaw from an individual but not their good qualities?! If they have good qualities we hate on them trying to devalue them. "Oh she is not that pretty, its her makeup.. she is ALRIGHT... She's pretty but she has a bad attitude (as if we dont LOL)..."  I can go on forever just on the anatomy of hate-hood  FOR REALS! Maybe its just a women thing. I was thinking about it the other day how it must be a survival instinct to hate. If we hate we will want to destroy their livelihood thus improving ours or we will want to acquire that "quality" they have that is detrimental to our survival. [In Islam there are 2 types of Jealousy: Halal and Haram. For it to be considered halal one must wish that quality (islamic knowledge, piety, deeds..etc) while not desiring for the other to abandon it or wish ill towards them. It should also not be envy of haram such as riba based homes, zina, etc. Jealousy can lead to arrogance the kind that Iblis had towards Adam (allayhi salam)and can lead to transgression. refer to 2:3425:20

When we adjust our thinking its easy to dismiss the loud eating, the "oh she did not  close the door after her," "uggh she ignored me on purpose (give an excuse maybe she did not hear you or was busy)".. Again I can go on forever BELIEVE ME. When we learn to dismiss these things and really fixate our attention to more important things they will not be as annoying. It will save relationships (friends), marriages, and dodge fitnah. There are times in which if I wanted to I can LET IT BE KNOWN and break it down for some individuals but I wont... sometimes I do :( but I usually dont. I dont care! My life is already a project on its own dont need additional crap projects. In addition, we should think the best of our brothers and sisters (even non-muslims) and think best of their intention. 

there are a few life lessons (key to happiness) that correlate with this subject. These are from sheikh Abdullah Al-Qarni.

4. If you fall victim to HATERS: 
Do not be shaken by criticism; instead, be firm. Be sure that in proportion to your worth, the level of people's criticism rises. Also, make good use of criticism in discovering your shortcomings and faults, and let it drive you toward self-improvement. "Be humble! Let it marinate so that it can help you attain humility. "

8. How to gain Immunity from HATERS: Do not expect gratitude from anyone..."OR dont expect people to love you or admire you. See them for what they might be a hater. (this does not opt to be pessimistic-just a different frame of mind.) [76:9  We Feed you seeking Allah's countenance only. We wish for no reward nor thanks from you. ]"

So if you keep these in mind You will be OKAY :-)

p.s. I was actually inspired to write this because I was feeling annoyed and was going to write this post completely different than I anticipated. Alhamdulillah... for our minds and our fitrah. 

p.s.#2 I hate studying! :-(  May Allah make it easy on me and to others with final examinations Ameen!

May Allah guide us and increase us in Faith! Ameen!