In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Reminder


Subhana’Allah! Today I listened to an awesome lecture about haya. I have written before about the relationship between haya and Iman which, is so odd because for some reason I forgot about that concept when I had my recent “hijab issue.” I was not having doubts about my hijab or felt like taking off was only feeling saddened and disillusioned about it. I asked Allah to guide me and truly he has sent me more signs that I initally opted for. Feel like a failure and horrible but subhana’Allah the more I reflect on my hijab the more I adore it. We all need reminders and truly when it comes to Islam we will never be disappointed.
One of the ways that Allah perishes a slave is by removing their haya.  There is this really awesome  quote that this subject reminds me of:
On the authority of Abu Masud Uqbah bin Amir Al-Ansari ( Radi Allahu Anhu) who said :The Messenger of Allah (sallahu Allayhi wa salam) said: From the words of the previous prophets that the people still find are: If you have no shame, then do as you wish –Sahih Al-Bukhari
Although hijab is one article it’s a component that completes haya. If I ever hope to come closer to Allah I cannot neglect or overlook “one piece” of the whole “puzzle.”  I want to come closer to Allah and I want to be a grateful slave. I am grateful for all my blessings and I shall not sin against the one who has bestowed me with numerous blessings that I cannot count.