In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Monday, November 14, 2011

I can't believe...

Sometimes I can't believe that I am a muslim! Like OH MY GOD I'M A MUSLIM. Like I can not believe that I know Allah and his last messenger (sallahu allayhi wa salam)... that I know Islam... 

I can't believe I have taken such a journey already in my young life. I can't believe others dont know about Islam. I can't believe others don't want to believe and others just dont believe. I am just in awe sometimes of this reality... of MY reality. I feel as if I am a dream.

My whole life has changed drastically. From the way I think, eat, my hygiene, my dress, the way I talk, my mannerisms, to even how I love (my family, friends, and humanity...etc). And in all these things there are blessings and rewards. 

What kind of religion rewards you for every step you take towards good? What kind of religion rewards you for your good intentions and rewards you for having a bad intention but not exercising it? Then when we recite Qur'an we are rewarded for each letter not word we recite. ALLAHU AKBAR! (God is Great!)  I have learned so much with so much ease that I can not remember having hardship. Alhamdulillah... indeed my Lord is merciful and we are so ungrateful. 

Narrated Anas: (The people of) Bani Salama intended to shift near the mosque (of the Prophet) but Allah's Apostle disliked to see Medina vacated and said, "O the people of Bani Salama! Don't you think that you will be rewarded for your footsteps which you take towards the mosque?" So, they stayed at their old places. -Sahih Bukhari
“Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter.” So increase your recitation of the Qur’an to gain these merits, and to gain the following merit as well. At-Tirmidi