In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Best Friend.

Today I shall embark on my journey with my best friend, the Qur'an. I feel so humbled and so excited... I have been working on my Arabic because my reading is horrible. I struggle so much with it. The Qur'an that I own has very small Arabic script on it which is difficult to read so a friend gave me my first Mushaf this weekend...

I can't even believe it! I wanted to buy one for some time but they were always not the size I wanted or too expensive or it had other stuff I did not want. I just wanted a simple Mushaf and subahan'Allah I could have not asked for one better than the one I was given. I could not wait to get my hands on it...

I feel so humbled I want to cry. I feel like a hypocrite. If I indeed worked as hard as I do with other things I would be a better Muslim and would have memorized more Qur'an...perhaps the whole qur'an by now!! ( anything is possible yeah....*_*)... but I chose not to... my "reason" was that I don't want to memorize the Qur'an using transliteration and wanted to get started on my Arabic as soon as possible which obviously seems not to be my priority. * feeling like a hypocrite*

I hate feeling categorized under those that are strangers to the Qur'an. One of the first things that made me realize I wanted to be a Muslim was that I did not want to be classified as a hypocrite or a disbeliever that the Qur'an describes. I felt I had worked so hard to be a "good person" and considered myself to be a believer that I did not see the rationale to keep on my failed pathway towards "goodness" which was not Islam. How did I know my prior pathway was not leading me to goodness? Well because I found a better one which was Islam. Only an idiot after seeing something better would opt for something besides the best. I always liked the best things thats how I "roll"  so Alhamdulillah!