In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yogurt and Honey

These past days I have been indulging in plain yogurt with honey and almonds... Subhana'Allah! its so delicious! Unfortunately, I have a palate that is very hard to please but I have taken delight in this simple desert of mine. I wish I was modest and easy to please as I feel horrible that while people starve, I have the luxury to be "picky" about my food ya Allah what a trial for me.  

So whats my point? Well...I like to eat foods that the prophet Sallahu Allayhi wa salam liked. When I discover that I love something that perhaps our beloved Prophet (sallahu allayhi wa salam) loved, it makes me very happy. I like to envision what I am eating at one point Rasulullah (sallahu allayhi wa salam) also ate and makes me feel closer to Rasulullah! Since I have been indulging in yogurt a lot lately I wanted to see if there was any connection to the sunnah of Muhammad (sallahu allahyi wa salam)and I recalled many accounts in which he ate "dried" yogurt (??) but I am not sure how that was… I will share some hadith that talk about yogurt and honey. 
Narrated Anas: The Prophet stayed for three days at a place between Khaibar and Medina, and there he consummated his marriage with Safiyya bint Huyay. I invited the Muslims to a banquet which included neither meat nor bread. The Prophet ordered for the leather dining sheets to be spread, and then dates, dried yogurt and butter were provided over it, and that was the Walima (banquet) of the Prophet.
 Narrated Said bin Jubair: Ibn Abbas said: Um Hufaid, Ibn 'Abbas's aunt sent some dried yogurt (butter free), ghee (butter) and a mastigar to the Prophet as a gift. The Prophet ate the dried yogurt and butter but left the mastigar because he disliked it. Ibn 'Abbas said, "The mastigar was eaten at the table of Allah's Apostle and if it had been illegal to eat, it could not have been eaten at the table of Allah's Apostle." 
 Narrated 'Aisha: Allah's Apostle used to love sweet edible things and honey. 
I always try to increase my love for the Prophet as much as I can and somehow my love for him  increases without having to intend to. The more I learn about him, the more I love him.

I find amazing how I love someone so much that I have never met. At the same time my love for him is so great that I feel its not enough. If indeed I loved him I would obey and follow him more but I do not. I dont feel like this for anyone in this world even with whom I love the most in this world, my mother. I never think whether I love for my mother enough. I know I love her I only try to treat her as best as I can but I never question my love. I always know I do. 

May I attain the sweetness of faith not of mere yogurt and honey. May Allah guide me and increase our love for Rasulullah (sallahu allayhi wa salam). Ameen.