In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Friday, December 16, 2011

Allah's Mercy


When I think of Allah’s mercy it really humbles me. I wish it had a more lasting effect on me. Allah is so merciful towards me that he does not immediately destroy me Subhana’Allah.  When make dua I really I don’t feel that I am in the position to have my dua accepted but regardless I try SOMETIMES in hopes that perhaps Allah would be merciful enough to accept my repentance and allow a dua to be accepted.

Last night I went to bed very late because I have been alone for the past week. I was so scared that I felt my heart thump on my chest and I thought that I could die in my sleep. I thought of how fragile our bodies are and how easily I could die. It made me more scared and I went to sleep doing istigfar and saying the Shahadah.
I sometimes don’t know where I get the strength to persevere in this life. When something goes wrong I just think that Allah is merciful and nothing worse can occur. In addition, if I ask Allah to purify me and I am enduring some difficult obstacles at the moment I should be grateful. Perhaps Allah is answering one of my duas of purification and purifying me through these trials.

I know I am a long ways from where I want to be. So its okay... all good things take time and as long as I get a good ending I can be content with it :) I just hope in Allah that he will not seal my heart and always guide me.