In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Friday, December 16, 2011

I am content...

A real believer has tawakkul. It takes a lot for someone to be content and have full trust that Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) has their best interest. We should think well of Allah. When Allah promise,s he fulfills his promises. One of the names of Allah is Ar-Razzaq and I feel that sometimes we forget that he is. We think that our fruits are from our own doing but we are mistaken. Allah is the ultimate decision maker of whether we attain such blessings or not. If we are blessed that should also prompt us to question our position. Perhaps our blessings could be a punishment because they can stray us from Truth. When Allah wants well for one of his slaves he gives them trials in order to purify them in this world rather than in the next realm.

I just graduated from Univ, I am not married and the rest sort of goes down hill... I don’t have anyone to protect me, speak for me or even represent me. As a result, I feel many have tried advantage of my situation to belittle me or not give me my rights as their Muslim sister in Islam. I am content, nonetheless and I don’t ask for any other situation.  Allah knows what is best for me. I don’t bother to stress about something that perhaps is not meant for me. If it is meant for me then good; if not;  it is okay. Taking such a position as this, makes life so much more bearable. I don’t think I would be able to survive any other way.  Everything in Islam is such a blessing.  Even the mere fact that I can be grateful is a blessing as I can get rewarded for even being grateful.

I’m applying to so many jobs and grad school simultaneously. At the same time, I will be jobless in less than 15 days so I need a job ASAP. Alhamdulillah, I have a family yet I don’t include them into the equation unless its totally necessary. I am able body and Allah has bestowed me with intellect. I can get by. Yeah I am alone, yeah I am hijabi revert, this society is coocky and islamophobic but it is going to be alright Bithni'illah! It is hard, but Allah knows this as well and I was given this situation for a reason. It is my trial and I am content.