In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Sunday, December 4, 2011

My brother in my dream


I don’t ever try to interpret my dreams. My dreams are somehow discernible. They largely are made up of my thoughts and issues that at the moment are of high importance. Therefore they are very predictable. If I went shopping with my mother I will dream about it. If I went running I will dream about it. If I had a thought about how I think my professor is a jerk I will dream about it. Regardless, its important to note that good dreams are from Allah so we should not think they are insignificant.

This past week, I dreamed that my brother was Muslim. I had planned to write about it sooner and now the memory of my dream is too vague. uggh :(  All I remember was that it beautiful and that my brother was really serious about his fajr prayers! MASHA'ALLAH In my dream, he had called his wife at home to check up if she had prayed fajr. Although I was dreaming, I was shocked at his conviction. More shocking was that his wife had followed him into Islam.

Realistically, they are the least people I would expect to embrace Islam ( I feel horrible I feel this way). Once at a family gathering a male cousin of mine inquired me about "my religion", islam. He wanted me to tell him a bit about it. He felt convinced that it is the religion that should be followed as that is what he conveyed to me. Not sure if he was joking. What was more unbelievable was that he asked me if I had told my brother about Islam. He surprised that more people did not know about this and commented that our parents are too old and ignorant to comprehend so he was sure that if my brother accepted Islam my family would follow after him as he perceived him to be a leader. I was very perplexed by my cousin’s response and up to date still am. I was in odds with my cousin as I did not agree that my brother was a leader and I even expressed to him that I don’t believe anyone in my family would ever embrace Islam.

I make lots of dua for my family to embrace Islam but apparently my dream and my actions reveal they are being done in vain. I don’t know if I am totally hopeless. All I know is that I can envision nothing in this regard any time soon. I really hope its not because I have not tawakkul(trust in Allah). I don’t know I guess I have to continue working on my heart.

Ahh… Im finally sleepy… yey