In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Ultimate Goal- To earn the Big Boss's Love

A lot of events have taken place that really has tested my patience. One of the best characteristics of a believer is patience so if there is anything we should work on it is our patience. Its easy to say but it is difficult but  nonetheless we must persevere.  

I have asked Allah to guide me, grant me patience and wisdom. After much work and dua I have begun to see "results." I have caught myself in certain instances where I process everything I want to say before I say it. To me this is major. It might seem trivial but in reality it means better things should come forth from this. Perhaps I am acquiring good akhlaq who knows but I feel hopeful and excited to continue working and see more results. Feel as if I am in the p90X workout regimen. ;-)  I am still working on gauging the temperament of the situation and learning whats "appropriate" but bitni'illah I will get better and at least i can say its improving... alhamdulillah.

The point is that I am doing all this for the sake of Allah. I want Allah to love me and I want to be beloved by him. What greater thing is there in this life than this... being loved by the ULTIMATE BOSS!

I like to think of it this way: you know how mafia dudes think they are untouchable because they know they will be "backed up" by their "bad Boss" that everyone fears... well for me Allah has my back but before I can guarantee that's indeed true I got to earn his love. My plan is to be "untouchable."  When you got the love of Allah there is no need to fear anything at all but Allah himself. That is how you can you be "untouchable." If you notice most of the distress of this world is people worrying about other people and fearing them. People need to chill out and Love and only fear Allah who is the ultimate decider of your fate. If that is put into perspective you're set for a happy life insha'allah.

When Allah loves you nothing else really matters. Ultimately, Everything we do on this earth is to please him and being beloved by Allah should be our goal. I think we get distracted by means of the glitter of this world (music, money, status, etc) and loose clarity of what our real purpose in life is. When we loose sight we don't put our efforts into our ultimate goal and just fixate our attention on worthless aspirations for this world that belittle our Deen and those individuals feel content with their little selves doing the "minimum."

I listened to this one lecture by Sheikh Assim Alhakeem which he says that before we inquire ourselves whether we fit the descriptions of someone that Allah loves we should think whether we love Allah ourselves. Most of time I think we are struggling to maintain our image or persona and do this "We are Muslims so we do "Muslim" things and forget the purpose behind those things. I know for sure that for me in the beginning I was just trying to work on "establishing" myself as a Muslim 

At the end of the day and on the day of judgement the one who triumphs is the one who has taqwa of Allah so make sure you are that person and not the looser.