In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Monday, May 14, 2012

Earth and all its Vastness...


For some time I have been planning to take my family on a vacation Insha’allah! So I have been saving up to do so and want to go somewhere exotic and unconventional. Perhaps the Caribbean but then again I am reminded how awkward it will be for me to watch everyone have fun in the water while I sit and stare all hot and miserable. Then I thought of Europe but it reminds me of boring middle school history classes and in all honesty I have never been drawn to want to visit Europe. Now that I am a Muslim I am less amused by it -_-. My mother wants to go to Spain but Spain reminds me of pork and my stomach churns thinking about it :(  So check off…

For me the whole point of vacations is to relax and enjoy good food. So if I cannot relax and enjoy good food there is no point.  I could not think of any place I would want to visit other than Madinah and Mecca. Seems like every other place on earth is gross and tainted and just so haram… like what the heck can I do anywhere? 

Brazil reminds me of zina because of all its nakedness. Argentina reminds of pork, mexico reminds me of beer, I don’t even take a vacation within the states, reminds me of burgers.  Central America… more nakedness… umm no I don’t want to go there. I know I sound so horrible bashing all these countries and generalizing to one thing :-/

All this reminded me of how this dunya is so… (Trying to think of a proper word to say it without sounding so ungrateful) … CHEAP (for the lack of a better word :-/ ) This world is nothing compared to what Allah has in store for us insha’Allah. It so not worth being chased after.  I felt so melancholic and yearned for jannah and the face of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) :(  hope I don’t sound suicidal and emo.  Death is a calamity and the day of a judgment is the biggest trial we will ever face I am in no shape of form trying to speed that process…no sirreee there is a hadith that mentions: hope not for death for the terror of unveiling is great. It is from the felicity of a person that Allah grants him long life and nourish him with penitence (Ahmad on the authority of Jabir and isnad ruled hasan by haythami).”

The earth and all its vastness can not make me truly happy and I think that sometimes we all forget that. I need to remind myself more often of this truth and perhaps I would be more righteous and patient. There is this beautiful ayah in the Quran where Allah, the exalted says,  in Surah Az-Zumar 39:47 and will end on that note : )

“[39:47] And if those who did wrong had all that is in the earth entirely and the like of it with it, they would [attempt to] ransom themselves thereby from the worst of the punishment on the Day of Resurrection. And there will appear to them from Allah that which they had not taken into account.