In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Saturday, June 9, 2012

So people dont like you ehh?

I used to care if people did not like me or displayed in some form their dislike for me and was a major source of distress for me. Today it happened! At first I felt very offended because I knew it was done with the purpose of  trying to hurt me. Alhamdulillah I was not hurt but became worried for a second because I was trying to figure out what I had done to wrong this individual. I don't even want to talk more than what is necessary as I don't believe its good for my heart anyways or good for me to entertain ill feelings towards anyone. I only write this for anyone who finds themselves in such a situation to ask Allah to forgive them and secondly, not to care if someone does not like YOU! I believe these individuals who try to mistreat people are generally very inconsiderate and selfish and don't need a reason to dislike one. Do not misunderstand me I believe its always a very honorable thing to seek forgiveness of people so that you don't have to deal with this matter on the Day of Judgment but honestly some people just like to HATE which I struggle to understand.

I did not think it was going to upset me this much but apparently it did as I could not stop thinking about it all day and here I am writing a post on it. I asked a couple of my friends and family to tell me what I should do to improve upon or what was "wrong with me" because I feel that I always find myself in situations similar to this. It makes me sad because I don't know what makes people dislike me and if I knew I would surely try to fix that because a good character is beloved to Allah.

Then I thought to myself, "why should I care that an insignificant ( and kafir) person does not like me!"
I don't think I would ever be that cruel to tell someone that I don't like them and reveal evidence of me backbiting them by stating that,"so and so also does not like you."  Honestly those are the least of people anyone should care to please  If I dislike someone its for the sake of Allah and nothing else. I can't think of anyone that I dislike personally alhamdulillah. There are people I choose to avoid for in order to protect my heart because I either believe they are not beneficial for my iman or in terms of improving myself in this dunya.

If you are every distraught or shaken by such things do not panic! Take refuge in Allah as it is he whom we should prioritize in pleasing and nothing supersedes Allah. For instance, if pleasing ones parents will cause for us to displease Allah know you have wronged yourself. If one focus on pleasing Allah and did not have intentions of wronging anyone, then one should not become distraught over it because its a lost case. If anything, this should only serve to humble us and cause us reflect upon our character.

May Allah fix our affairs and may he make beloved to which he loves and hate to which he hates Ameen.