In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Thursday, June 14, 2012

They discriminate because they fear?

Alhamdulillah, I have never had to deal with horrible discrimination where it has escalated to some form of abuse. I have only dealt with occasional mumbling behind annoying glares ranging from bold curiosity to "if only looks could kill." Today was out of range... very strange Subhana'Allah! Her glare was that of a demon possessed owl (unfortunately she can't do a 360 degrees neck turn otherwise...). At first I thought she was staring past me but then I realized as I got closer, that she was actually staring at me with this false vanity of an English Butler.I was on the phone with my sister and became side tracked due to the girl's stare and reacted on my impulse. Usually I just brush it off or look away but this time I stared back and told her, "what is your problem?" Right away she looked away and disappeared until the liquor aisle. LOL. It was so weird that I even wondered for a second if it actually happened especially because of how I reacted.

Then soon right after (I was already walking towards the register) at the register, a man behind me began to make a fuss which I assumed was because he probably thought I was taking "long." Not to make mention there were other empty open register and I was buying 3 items. Yeah whatever, anyways so he started make agitated sounds which made me nervous and as a result I ended up pressing the wrong button and canceling the transaction so I had to start over and I apologized to him. He just looked at me like I was a nobody. Whatever. So apparently, I assume he got an epiphany or perhaps there was divine intervention because he went to the next empty open register. Honestly it was not more than a minute and it was not as if i was even making conversation with the clerk or anything. I did not think much and while heading out the store, I thought I heard this obnoxious man talk about this "person" in front of him in line. I stopped to look back and I saw it was indeed him telling another man whilst looking at me. I felt like going up to him and telling him, "what did you say?" and I swear to Allah it actually crossed my mind because I actually stood there thinking what to do then I just walked away! 

Is this guy serious?! First of, I did not even take long and second, its no reason to disrespect anyone especially a woman. Forget the fact I am a Muslim, I am a woman! These kufar do a lot of talk about how we Muslimahs are oppressed and yada yada yet this man disrespected me so much even though I did nothing and over something so trivial. What does he have to do that is so important? Get Drunk and be in a state of heedlessness? ARE YOU SERIOUS?! this is why I was disrespected? Probably not, probably because I am Muslim or he is an idiot... 

I told my sister how funny it is that we Muslims try to compromise our Deen for these type of individuals for the fear of not fitting in. I brought the fact that these people try to tell us what is best for us yet do not even know whats best for themselves. They do not even clean themselves properly. If you really think about it makes you feel so honored to be Muslim. We have so many blessings that we do not even recognize because we are busy trying to fit in and become distracted with the cheapness of this world. 

If they really "feared" Muslims they would not try to intimidate or aggravate us yet they do. It does not make sense because fear is supposedly makes someone want to escape or avoid a situation not get more involved. These people do not display anxiety or fear. They display bigotry and ignorance! sigh*