In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Sunday, August 5, 2012

Kinship is a trial from Allah!

I realized that I write too much about my feelings towards the state of kufr of my family. Well it is only plausible I would since I am Muslim and they are not and are very dear to me. I should reconsider to re-title my blog to "happy to be muslim but sad my parents are not." They are such a trial for me Subhana'Allah because I love them so much :( Everything I do in terms of worldly affairs I do so for them. If it is not haram and would please my parents I do it (9:113; 31:15). Today my mother cried and told me “I am from her.” Her cry is so painful for me. It is as if my soul within quivers and I feel my heart shrivel up.  I am bewildered at the case of some Muslims (esp reverts) that are indifferent about their parents dying upon kufr or not. In some cases while it seems “understandable” as to why they prefer to avoid them in order not to undergo maltreatment by them. What about having mercy for them?! I could care less if they shunned me I would persist in showing my love and affection towards them. Whats the worse that can happen to me if I do?Alhamdulillah, I was always very close to my parents and when I became Muslim my love for them increased as a result of me knowing their status and rights upon me. It is very upsetting to me when I witness or know of people especially Muslims who mistreat their parents. 
It is narrated that the Prophet sallahu allayhi wa salam said, “verily mercy will not descent on a people if there is one among them who severs family ties.” 
The prophet also said “one who severs family ties will never go to paradise.” 
Furthermore, Allah loves those who maintain family ties:
Ibn Umar said, “Those who are conscious of their lord and maintain family ties will have increase in their age and their wealth, and their family will love them.” 
Aisha said, the Prophet (sallahu allayhi wa salam) said, “kinship is a trial from Allah, whoever maintains its ties will have ties with Allah, and whoever severs those ties will have them severed by Allah.”
My youngest sister and I are always planning new ways to show our affection. We cook, give them gifts, plan “family days” and so much fun stuff. I make sure my mother does not lift a finger to do anything around the house when I go visit. My heart is so attached to them that if I go somewhere cool or experience something cool I cannot fully enjoy it without my parents or my family around. They really are my heart.
 There is an ayah in the Quran [66:6] “O you who have believed, protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones, over which are [appointed] angels, harsh and severe.”

Now imagine that? How can one who has an atom’s worth of iman (and mercy) wish Jahanum (hellfire) for their family? Ya Allah I cannot even envision it and when I do I feel as if I could just collapse. Makes me wonder if they even believe in Jahanhum (which nullifies their Islam if they don’t) because otherwise, I cannot understand how they are not hasty in protecting them from it. Of course, only Allah guides but we need to take the means (asbab) to convey until we cannot (their death) and treat them to the best of our efforts.

My youngest sister is the one who is doing the hard core dawah to them now. I am the weak one. I cannot even tell my mom she is ignorant of the religion (of Islam) because I feel as if I degrade her (calling her ignorant). It pains me but I have to do it because I fear for her end. I cannot believe after 5 years she still has the same misconceptions of Muslims. FIVE YEARS!! HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? I was surely pathetic then. All this time I was thinking her heart was opening to Islam and she did all these wonderful things for me by assisting me in my religion and now…What was all that then? … I don’t even know what to say. I was so in denial about my “progress.”

Did she just do it out of love whilst believing I was the worst of human beings? I guess that is it! Guess I don’t know what a mother’s love is capable of and how unconditional it is. If this is it, then it makes sense why some mothers are still so devoted to their children who commit atrocious crimes because of this “motherly love.”
I feel better now… I solved it! -_-