In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Post Ramadan-short reflection

I have to say after Ramadan, I have developed higher standards for my Iman and the status of my heart. I know what to aim for and constantly remind myself that dunya is not my goal. I also have to remind myself that Allah is in control and he knows what is best for me and Allah is greater than anything. Lots of things have tried to creep into my heart which really scares me. I fear that I might have some nifaq in me or something and that its going to emerge later. May Allah guide me. This dunya really stresses me out in ways it really should not if I was truly a believer.

As a result, I have decided to avoid facebook altogether... Not sure when I will get back on it, I hope never! I am so over it now. I really cherished and took advantage of my time during ramadan without it. It has been awhile since I have abandoned watching TV and that is that I would only enjoy watching cooking and nature shows but even those waste my time and that is something I dont have the luxury of doing. So facebook was the last addiction I had and I have manage to avoid it and dont desire it... for now.  May Allah give me something better Ameen.

I mean, I really dislike facebook. I shall rant on it a bit (and waste time -_-).  I am not trying to belittle reminders since reminders benefit believers but I rather try to finish my readings than learn things sporadically. I end up wasting more time instead of benefiting at the end of my "facebook sessions." I just dont care to validate other people by liking their statuses or comments or do I need to feel validated by people liking my comments or statuses. I am sure none of our intentions, those who post religious stuff on their statuses, expect reward from people or want to appear more religious. I just like to share stuff, do dawah and keep in touch with some sisters (it makes me happy-yey for sisterhood). Maybe I am just stressed which is not far fetched. I just want to be serious now for some reason. I dont want to waste time. I just can't. I moved in this weekend to my new place and I really love it Alhamdulillah. I feel so at peace. I got to spend time with my family and that surely refreshed me... but then again the plague of kufr is sort of difficult to overlook. Kinda ruins my sleep.