In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Thursday, August 2, 2012

When one knows Allah... how can one be sad?


I am always in the mood to WANT to be sad and to succumb to this emotion. It is only recently I have begun to become more aware of this tendency of mine. It usually occurs a when I am in solitude with my thoughts, when not doing dhikr! I count my trials and not my blessings. I don’t like it because it makes me feel bitter and ungrateful. The biggest blessing that should be reason enough for me to ALWAYS be happy is knowing that because Allah preferred me I am a muslim. In addition, it is of great importance to know that ones trials could be; from one’s own doing (what we deserve and have earned), or from Allah which, are never more than we can bear and Allah has equipped us for. Allah is not an oppressor and is the most just so we should be careful of how we think of Allah! In either case the best solution is to just be patient, trust in Allah and take the means to surmount them. 

Being a revert comes with lots of challenges and although one would have assumed by now I should have become conditioned to them, ironically I really never experienced them until now. I always had support of those who mattered and although I did go through minor ones never like the one I am going through now. It is very strange and I am a bewildered by this. Due to the fact that it is Ramadan, I am too busy to invest much heart, emotion or energy on this tribulation I am going through.  Alhamdulillah, what a perfect time this trial came when my iman is “charging” and has yet to inflict it.  

I know it will get much more difficult and I have to accept it, be grateful and remain steadfast because it is out of my control. I noticed some beautiful things happen in midst the fog of this tremendous trial and it has certainly brought lots of happiness to my heart.  

Being sad over matters of one’s life that one has no control of is dangerous, a sign of ungratefulness and nifaq(hypocrisy). The more I pondered why I felt or wanted to feel sad I realized how true this was. One can argue that I have the right to feel sad but in reality I don’t.

I cannot emphasize or implore enough the importance of learning who is Allah by seeking nearness through knowing his names, establishing tawheed and holding onto the authentic sunnah of Rasulullah (sallahu allayhi wa salam)! Only those who do, have the best guidance, a way out of any difficulty and out of depression [20:124-126].

When you know Allah, you know Allah is Al-Hafeedh [42:6], The one who is ever mindful and constantly on guard,who protects and preserves what he created. Knowing this how can one ever feel alone and forsaken?  Allah is Ash-Shaheed [3:98], the one who is aware of everything and Al-Qareeb, the one who is close to his servants [2:186] and is Al-Azeez, the MIGHTY the one capable of doing anything and is omnipotent over everything that is in existence. The whole of creation is subject and indebted to him. Allah is Al-Qaadir, capable of doing anything he wills and possess all power [6:65]! Now how can one NOT seek the help of Allah?!  Surely this should be a comfort for all Muslims for indeed this brings ME comfort. Honestly, there is no reason to be sad. I grieve but that is all... it is okay.

[2:153] “Oh you who believe! Seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient.”

[3:146-148] “…but they never lost heart for that which did befall them in Allah’s way, nor did they weaken nor degrade themselves. And Allah loves As-sabirun (the patient). They said nothing but: Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and our transgressions, establish our feet firmly, and give us victory over the disbelieving folk. So Allah gave  them the reward of this world, and the excellent reward of the hereafter. And Allah loves Al Muhsinun (those who do good).”

[8:46] “…surely Allah is with the patient.”

[11: 11] “Except those who are patient and do good, they shall have forgiveness and a great reward.”