In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Who loves Rasulullah (sallahu allayhi wa salam)?


Today I read a post a sister wrote describing how it was difficult for her to learn to love the Prophet sallahu allayhi wa salam and it really just made me want to cry. I could not believe that it would be difficult to love such a noble person. One of the things when coming into Islam reassured me this religion was legitimate was learning about the prophet (sallahu allayhi wa salam) and who he was. I needed to know who was conveying the message and immediately I knew he was no liar. This was despite his lifestyle being foreign to me yet I loved him more and more, the more I learned about him. The most amazing thing is that despite all the hate and crazy stuff out there by munafiqs (hypocrites) and kuffar (disbelievers) trying to denigrate him their efforts are in vain. Allahu Akbar! It was through telling narrations about him (hadiths) to my youngest sister that she also embraced Islam. Anyways, the point is… well… I just cannot believe how someone cannot love him or it be difficult. Makes me think of how many Muslims are in her situation. Believing islam is the truth is the easy part, being a muslim means following the sunnah and for many of us this is more difficult to establish. At the end of the day how much you care about the Sunnah reveals how much you really love Rasulullah (sallahu allayhi wa salam) and what kind of Muslim you really are.

Some time ago, when my mother went to visit my brother, she commented how he had a huge beard and made a sour gesture describing it was a fistful! She thought he looked like a “hindu” -_- Whatsup with my mom calling muslims hindus?! She calls all middle eastern, Arab, Muslim, Indian people hindu. It needs to STOP! Ya Allah! Anyways, I was elated and could only envision how he looked. Ahh! I wish I seen how he looked so that I could of at least imagine him being Muslim.  May Allah guide him.

Okay so, I have no idea how to make dawah. I am so over trying to make indirect “dawah” to my family with my “good character” or “good behavior” towards them.  I need to get serious and I just don’t know how.  I am thinking of writing a letter to my mother and brother. They need to know about the Prophet of Allah, Muhammad (sallahu allayhi wa salam). Believing in Allah is not sufficient. Even the mushrik believe in Allah. I don’t know how to convey the whole message of Islam without neglecting the messenger which is big mistake many people do when making dawah Whenever I try to they laugh at the mere strangeness of the name of "Muhammed." So arrogant they are subhana’Allah! (side note: Funny how many muslims love to reiterate by MEMORY lol what yusuf Estes or Dr. Zakir Naik say-this is so annoying ya Allah! lol they just go on about compartive religion without never really conveying Islam uggh!).

Yesterday, my friend came over and we had iftar together. Of course, we talked about marriage we’re women!  We discussed that what really beautifies a person is their honor (Al-izzah) in Islam and that is the sunnah of Rasulullah (sallahu Allayhi wa salam). This beauty is transcendental and everlasting (until the akhirah) only downside is that many who appear to be that way neglect the other part of the sunnah of being real men and proactive about having an honorable livelihood. How can we ever expect to be leaders if we are constantly working under the kuffar? The point is that what is also troubling is that many of our brothers who appear as such, love themselves some kuffar women. I joked that the only way to find a “righteous man” is to act and look like a kafir “interested” on someone making dawah to us. (*By the way, what is up with Muslims being so enthusiastic about making dawah to the opposite gender? I don’t get it! Not sure when it became permissible. I guess I did not get a memo!) Then we wonder why so many of our sisters take off hijab and act so indecent because they have to “compete” with such women. Who wants those type of men anyways?!

We decorate ourselves with the Sunnah and exploit it. So I suppose I should not be so saddened by the reality of how it is possible for someone to find it difficult to love the prophet when our ummah is diseased with being confused about the sunnah of Rasulullah itsself and then neglecting it. May Allah increase our love for his messenger and guide us Ameen.
Sahl bin Abdullah said, "Stick to the narration and the sunnah for I fear that a time will come when the Prophet (sallahu allayhi wa salam and the importance of following him in everything is mentioned, the people would censure the person who says this, cause others to flee from him, dissaociate themselves from him, humiliate him and disgrace him.  (fath al-majid sharh kitab at tawheed p.24)

This video below always makes me cry. Hope it softens your hearts and increase the love for our beloved messenger ameen!