In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Saturday, August 18, 2012

Worship- We aught to love Allah!

At times "life" feels so unbearable and difficult. Then I remember that if it was not that Allah had granted me life I would have never known Allah or ever been able to strive to earn his grace. It is all worth it! But, when I think of Jahanum (hellfire), I wished I was a rock or an amoeba, I wish I was nothing!

It is only my nafs (desires, my self) that perceive life as difficult because if I seen this world for what it really is, transient, and endless opportunities to get closer to Allah, how can it be difficult? If a trial should befall me I should take that opportunity to get closer to Allah subhana wa ta'ala and know it is the best forms of purification for my soul. Nothing should befall me that is not meant for me and if it does out of my own earning, I deserve it. Even then If I bare it with patience, Allah will reward me and it will be a means for purification. how wonderful!

Anyhow, I have been a bit flustered about certain people particularly my coworker. He decided to "challenge" me again. I figured it is out of jealousy they don't have conviction as a Muslim do.He explained since he does not deem it necessary to follow everything God says in his bible he does not understand why Muslim believe we have to follow everything in the Qur'an. I responded that he is rightfully entitled to feel that way as indeed it would be impossible to follow everything in the bible due to being altered by man and not knowing what is from God but that this perspective did not apply to the Quran and Islam. Apparently  he still does not believe I have the right to think Islam is the truth and is not going to believe a word from me which, I hope would motivate him to stop talking to me.

He believes all religions are the same yet believe Catholicism (Christianity) is the truth. I don't get how that makes sense but what can one expect from one who thinks Muslims are an ethnic group therefore I am not Muslim but Islamic. According to him, I am a "scientist" so I should know better to believe the Quran is the literal word of God because scientifically the existence of God can not be proven. lol. Should I note that he does not believe he needs to read the Quran to know it is not from God. Anyways, I will no longer discuss this and hope not to. I only address this to show how ignorant these type of people are to the point they humiliate themselves without knowing. I know he feels awkward because of how he exposes his own flaw in his own belief which is a pretty touchy topic for many and so personal. I deal with the most weirdest of interactions. I would have an aneurysm if discussed all of them. May Allah protect me and guide me. This incident with my co-worker delineates so many lessons for me to ponder upon like worship, conviction and loving Allah that would benefit others and that is my intention.

This Ramadan has been so beautiful for me. It felt like a journey yet so short. I feel so saddened and nostalgic about its departing. I experienced lots of wonderful things, especially the growing certainty of the truth of Islam. I feel that as time goes by I to notice more attestations of the truth of Islam everywhere and iman establishes itself in my heart more so. The more I ponder the greatness of this religion, the less I feel amused by anything of this world. No other group of people do I know on the face of this earth, is willing to abandon comfort for the sake of Allah. Seeing the masses of people go to the masjid at 2-4am was so uplifting and emotional. I seen people pray so hard and people who one would only notice their lips move without cease with the remembrance of Allah! Who gives up their sleep, food, energy and desires for the sake of their religion? Lets not confuse this with monasticism. In Islam, we are all expected to do good and in doing so it is not necessary and even forbidden to live hermit like lives.

Which type of religion do its followers wake up in the middle of night to worship! Worship is something non-existent in other religions and the little "worship" they have is defined by man not by God. We were created to worship and although this statement may sound too crude to many let us remind ourselves of the beauty behind it. It is Allah's right upon his CREATION to be worshiped YET Allah is so MERCIFUL to reward and place benefit in it when we do. So while establishing Allah's right one indirectly benefits themselves. For instance, giving charity purifies our wealth and increases it. Even being grateful to Allah is a means for Allah to increase in us [14:7]. Dawud (Allayhi salam) said to Allah; how can I thank you enough when thanking you is in itself a blessing that is deserving of more thanks.

Should we not love Allah? if someone gave us a $1,000 everday just because without expecting nothing  in return, how would we feel towards this person? Would we not be grateful? I am sure we would even do extra gestures of kindness towards that person out of gratitude with out them asking for it and I am sure we would love that person very much. So why should we not love Allah? Therefore we should worship him because we AUGHT to love him!