In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Happy Person Fears Allah

What a beautiful quote below.

Imam Ibnul Qayyim (may Allah have mercy upon him) stated: There is nothing more beneficial for the Muslim than abiding by the orders (of Allah), even if this initially brings about some difficulty. This is because its (obedience to Allah's orders) outcomes are all good, happiness, delight and joy, even if the person's desires (originally) disliked adherence. (Al-Fawaa`id)

When we have good intentions and solely try to find good because we know only good comes from it, this will only reap good. During the whole ordeal, to reach such a state is difficult but Allah subhanahu wa ta ala is so merciful that he guides our hearts towards tranquility. This life is so transient and I forget this FACT  often and as a result the monotonousness of this life takes a toll in my heart. It's sourness and weight makes me feel as if I am sinking into a suffocating darkness. The worst aspect of this all is that All praise is due to Allah, I have the LUXURY to even complain of such an easy life.

I sleep soundly every night not having to worry about any harm that may afflict me other than that of my own sins and trials of the heart. So easy subhana'Allah while people are being tested with more harsh trials all around the world. Regardless of this reality, I still find myself struggling to do much good, to BE better. Seems so much easier to give into our desires, neglect our iman and block our consciousness that Allah is all watching and all knowing. The most beautiful days I have are the days in which I am most spiritually productive. When the only melody that played in my heart was Qur'an and was strengthened with many prostrations. So beautiful. These are the days I am most happy and my happiness almost feels tactile. Why don't I do it more often? I don't know.

When I submit to Allah, nothing else matters and I feel happy! I feel so happy that I begin to feel sad because it reminds me of so many that dont know this happiness that comes with Islam.

This happiness is the end result of submitting to Allah. It our purpose in life so it is only makes sense for us to feel tranquility when we do. Ironically, we neglect it and it is the most difficult trial to do in this life, to submit. Currently I find it very difficult for myself to submit to the will of Allah and trust that Allah knows best. BUT when we do it is liberating and we feel joy. To me this is true happiness. A happy person can only be a person that fears and loves Allah therefore we should seek the guidance of Allah to lead us to be such individuals. May Allah make it easy for all of us Ameen.

Yesterday while contemplating some things in my life I realized many things. I want good and if I want it, I must seek it while doing good. We can not expect Allah to bless us with good if while doing so we do not do good. While at the same time we have to be patient and trust that Allah knows what is best. In islam, the end does not justify the means. The means (that asbab) must be good too. I leave this post now with this beautiful ayah so there is NEVER a reason to despair.

[3:9] "Indeed, Allah does not fail in his promise."