In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Sunday, November 25, 2012

An Awkward Smile

We MUST remind and remember that our purpose in this life is not to please or fulfill our dreams. It is to worship Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. Patience is so difficult but when we remember the real treasure of this life is the happiness that is achieved by being an obedient slave to Allah, it makes patience seem obvious. I rarely talk about my life and the difficulties that I deal with being a revert because in truth it has nothing to do with me being a revert but being human and a believer. I have the same trials a non revert would have.  Right now I am very hurt and my eyes have been moist since. I feel so sad that I don't even know how it will go away. Maybe time will distract me and when something better comes along. All I can do is fear Allah and persist in living and increasing my good deeds. Afterall, jannah is more everlasting than this world. I so want to feel bitter and if I were to ever speak of what I feel bitter from I would be the worst of human beings.

A lot of my trials have come from me trying to protect my Deen which is my heart. I am in the place I am in because I want to practice my deen and it subhana'Allah is the most lonelinest place on earth it seems. I am devalued because of it. I have been humiliated a lot and it hurts so bad. The worst aspect of this all is that sometimes I think my trials are due to my sins making me feel worse about my situation. Regardless of all this sadness, I have Allah, I am a muslim and I am still alive to continue to increase in good so that when I meet Allah I meet him with the best. I can't imagine undergoing all these trials without Islam. Being muslim makes me happy even if it can only spark an awkward smile. May Allah give me the fortitude to be patient and motivation to strive to get closer to him ameen.

I came across this beautiful quote and I hope to share it so that we find in it ourselves.

Imaam Abu’l-Faraj ‘AbdurRahmaan Ibn Al-Jawzee:
"How excellent are the people who have abandoned sweet dreams, with drawing from that for which they erected their feet for. Standing up to fatigue themselves in the dark, seeking a portion of the blessing. When the night comes they stay up, and when the day arrives they derive lessons from it. When they look at their faults they seek forgiveness, and when they think about their sins they cry and feel dejected. O dwellings of the beloved, where are your inhabitants? O places of sincerity, where are your residents? O spots of the pious, where are your people? O places of nightly prayer, where are your visitors? I have, by Allah, traveled around and found these people extinct. Those who used to stay awake at night have gone away and the lovers of sleep are left. These times have sought eating of lusts to replace fasting.”[al-Yawaqit al-Jawzeeyya, p.28-29]