In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate

In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate
Al-Quran (30:30)

So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.

فَأَقِمْ وَجْهَكَ لِلدِّينِ حَنِيفًا فِطْرَةَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي فَطَرَ النَّاسَ عَلَيْهَا لَا تَبْدِيلَ لِخَلْقِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ الدِّينُ الْقَيِّمُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
[Al-Imran 3:8] "[Who say], "Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."


Sunday, November 4, 2012

Who is the believer among you?

I find myself quite often contemplating about my iman. I dont know when my iman is high but I DO know when my iman is low. However it is the in the times in which my iman is low that I find motivation to overcome it. I hate these phases but after each of these low iman episodes I come out with a stronger iman. Let me illustrate; having to constantly battle the whispers of shaytan sort of builds your "iman portfolio." The next time around you are more prepared and know from where he will try to attack. You have to prepare yourself for these battles. I know it sounds schizophrenic and weird but be advised. If one does not have the proper foundation (aqeedah) then know you will lose. Having low iman does not mean that you don't have belief, all it means is that ONE needs motivation, we are human. These whispers sometimes come disguised as your thoughts and it can make one question whether they are believers or munafiqs which is where I find myself quite often.  We just have to keep seeking knowledge, LEARN LEARN LEARN and busy ourselves with seeking it.
Its important to give ourselves relief by learning of what a believer is. I know for me that this hadith made me extremely happy. Hope this is a relief for you all. 


The Prophet sallahu allayhi wa salam said, “Whoever rejoices with his good deeds and grieves over his evil deeds, then that is the believer among you.” - [Sunan Tirmidhee (2165) and graded as “Saheeh” by Shaikh al-Albaanee] 
"So if you see within yourself that your chest expands with obedience and constricts with sins, then this is a glad tiding for you, that you are from the believing slaves of Allaah and from His pious Auliyaa’. That is why the Prophet sallahu allayhi wa salam said, “and coolness (comfort) of my eyes has been provided in prayer” [Sunan al-Nasaa’ee (3939, 3940) and graded as “Saheeh” by Shaikh al-Albaanee]  
-The Auliya of Allah-from Riyaadh Al Saliheen
Excerpt by http://foodiefahoodie.blogspot.com/2012/10/brief-comments-on-riyaadh-al-saaliheen_27.html
STILL... DON'T think much of yourself or think you are "safe." The way of the salaf was that they were in constant fear of being hypocrites and not doing enough. Always rushing towards doing good deeds, competing with one another in good. Umar Al-Khattab (radi Allahu anhu) was one to be recognized of being as such.  Its a good thing to contemplate about our iman and seek to improve it always. I hope that this will be a reminder to give some relief to those who feel wounded by these schizo-shaytan battles... May Allah make it easy on all of you who seek nearness to him. Allahumma ameen.

It is reported that Al-Hasan Al-Basrî – Allâh have mercy on him – said:The believer does the best deeds yet is most fearful [that his deeds will not be accepted]. If he were to spend a mountain of wealth [in charity], he would not feel sure [of the reward] until he sees it. The more righteous and pious he becomes, the more he fears. But the hypocrite (munâfiq) says, ‘There are so many people, I will be forgiven, no problem.’ So he does wrong and evil deeds, yet holds foolish wishes about Allâh. 
Al-Dhahabî,Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ` 4:586.
Source: http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net/index.php/righteous-fear-vs-sinful-delusion/#ixzz2AWtG8kK5